February 7, 2007

Animation Shoot (. . .and me without my sound)

So I was walking around to each of the four animation groups, during our class shoot and because of the different conversations I heard filtering throughout the classroom, I decided to shoot some video. In addition to capturing some video of 6X1ers working with the multi-plane animation setup, I wanted to get such comments on tape as:

“The bug people are going to come down and destroy. . . “
“Make the mice run up and eat the jelly beans. . .”
“He can fly away because he’s got a jetpack.”

. . . all from different corners of the room.

But what made this conversation especially surreal is the logic and calculation that went into each of these comments and the sincerity with which they were received.

Well, I was about to log and capture these snippets and upload a short video, when I realized that unfortunately there was no sound on the tape. So I pulled a few stills from the video, instead.

Here it is, The 6X1 animation shoot.













2 comments:

Martini Moon said...

Did you finish the animation?
Nice blog. How did it work out?

Greets Martijn

Six X. One said...

We had some nice results. I hope to post each of the four animated shorts created by the class in the near future. Thanks for your interest.